East Area I is the name designated by Santa Paula's general plan for the acreage originally bought in 1911 by C.H. McKevett and Limoneira general manager C.C. Teague, for decades referred to as the Teague-McKevett Ranch. Bounded on the west by Santa Paula Creek and the north by the hills, East Area I is an ideal location for a master planned community of superior commercial and residential properties designed to satisfy expected demand in a region that will have few other developments this coming decade.
Limoneira spent several years and millions of dollars on a comprehensive Specific Plan (SP) and Environmental Impact Review (EIR) that meet and, in many cases, surpass the stringent requirements of Ventura County's complex entitlement process. As a result, the citizens in Santa Paula overwhelmingly approved Santa Paula East Area I with a favorable vote of 83% on June 3, 2008.
The resulting 523-acre development is intended to benefit a diverse community with:
• attractive housing options at a variety of price points
• state-of-the-art senior housing that ranges from active independent living, to assisted living, to convalescent homes
• elementary, secondary, and post-secondary schools that are modern in both design and approach
• acres of athletic fields, parks, hiking trails, and public spaces
• fire station and police substation
• superb civic center and outdoor amphitheater
• 210,000 square feet of retail and office space
• 150,000 square feet of light industrial space
Click to download The Gateway presentation
For more information please contact:
Mike Penrod 805.373.8808