Friends! Need more lemon recipes?! August is a full of lemon holidays to celebrate such as National Lemonade Day, National Lemon Juice Day and National Lemon Meringue Pie Day! We have three incredible recipes to share with you today so you can celebrate each of these holidays with some refreshing and delicious treats!
Blended Tropical Lemonade
- 3/4 cup Limoneira classic lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2.5 cups filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds and enjoy!
Lemon Juice Ice Cubes
- 5 large Limoneira lemons
- Juice 5 large lemons to yield about 1 cup juice.
- Fill ice cube tray with lemon juice and add in fun flavors such as blueberries, raspberries and mint.
- Freeze for 4+ hours and then add into drinks and enjoy!
Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Limoneira lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 store bought or homemade pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large saucepan with burner off, add organic sugar, cornstarch and sea salt and whisk together.
- Turn the burner on low and gradually add in the coconut milk. Turn heat to medium and continually stir mixture until it begins to boil.
- Simmer for 1 minute stirring constantly and then remove from heat.
- Separate the egg whites from egg yolks into two bowls. Set the egg whites aside for later.
- Beat yolks and add in 1/4 cup of hot sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add in yolk mixture to remaining hot sugar mixture. Turn burner back on and stir continually for 1 minute.
- Turn off burner and stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Cool slightly for about 15 minutes and then pour mixture into pie crust.
- In mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed for about 1 minute. Turn speed on high and gradually add in sugar until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Spoon meringue over pie and spread to edge of crust.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is lightly golden brown.
- Cool on counter for 1 hour and place in fridge for 3 hours for filling to set. Enjoy!