Creamy Meyer Lemon Chickpea Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 Limoneira® Meyer lemons zest & juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, and saute the onions for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and lemon zest, and continue to cook for another 2 or 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in the curry powder, coriander, and turmeric, and let the flavors blend for another minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, honey, and tomato paste.
- Next, stir in the vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Let the sauce cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the sauce, and stir together.
- Let the chickpeas cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the chopped cilantro.