Iced Meyer Lemon Mint Cocktail
- 1 sprig mint
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 2 ounces mint syrup
- 10 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup dry sparkling white wine
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Remove the leaves from the mint, and chop.
- Add the mint leaves, water and sugar to a small saucepan.
- Heat at a medium-high setting, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow it to simmer for about 2 minutes, then let it cool.
- Strain out the mint leaves, and it’s ready to use.
- Zest the Limoneira® lemon finely, and add the zest, juice, mint syrup, ice cubes and vodka to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add to a glass, and stir in the sparkling white wine. You can add more crushed ice if it becomes too thin for your taste.
- Garnish with mint leaves, and serve.