Meyer Lemon Chiffon Cake with Algae Oil
Meyer lemon algae oil cake ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Meyer lemon-infused Thrive Algae Oil (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup Meyer Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Cake Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
Meyer Lemon-Infused Oil Recipe: (makes extra)
- 2 Medium Meyer Lemons
- 1 cup Thrive Algae Oil
- 9-inch springform pan
- Microplane (optional)
- Fine mesh strainer
Make the Meyer Lemon Chiffon Cake:
- Prepare a 9- or 10-inch springform pan by brushing bottom and sides with algae oil. Line the bottom with parchment paper and brush with oil. Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, stir together the infused oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on high for five minutes until the mixture becomes pale and airy.
- With the mixer running, pour in the oil-lemon juice mixture.
- Remove the mixer bowl and stir in the dry ingredients gently by hand. Make sure to break up any lumps, but do not over mix. Batter will be airy and foamy.
- Pour mixture into prepared springform pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Cake will be golden brown when finished. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the edge to loosen and unhook. Let cool completely on a wire rack with the metal bottom still on.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Slice and serve. Cake will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Just wait to cover with powdered sugar until you are ready to eat.
Make the Meyer Lemon-Infused Oil
- Use a vegetable peeler or microplane to remove peel from Meyer lemons Avoid taking the pith or white part of the peel. If using a vegetable peeler, you may need to use a sharp knife to gently shave off any pith.
- Combine in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium-low heat. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Let cool and transfer to airtight bottle. Will keep at room temperature out of direct sunlight for several weeks.