Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon. fine salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds finely ground
- 3 Meyer lemons zest
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons Meyer lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F, and prepare an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2 3/4" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, add the melted butter and sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time. Beat just long enough to incorporate each.
- Add a third of the flour mixture, beating until just mixed thoroughly. Follow with a third of the milk, again beating until just incorporated, but not over beating.
- Repeat until all the flour mixture and milk has been added.
- Fold the Meyer lemon zest and ground almonds into the mixture gently with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- As the cake bakes, you can make the Meyer lemon simple syrup – you want to have it ready immediately when the cake comes out of the oven.
- Combine the Meyer lemon juice and granulated sugar in a small saucepan over a medium high setting. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, pour the syrup over the cake while it is hot. It should soak into the cake.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes as it absorbs the syrup.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and Meyer lemon juice together in a small bowl until it is smooth in consistency.
- When the cake has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Allow the glaze about 10 to 15 minutes to set before slicing.