Moro Blood Orange/Cranberry Glazed Turkey
- 1/2 cup Moro blood orange juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 turkey about 11-12 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 small potatoes cut in half
- 10 baby carrots
- 10 baby beets
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over a medium setting and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until the mixture has reduced and thickened to the consistency of a syrup.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan and brush with olive oil.
- Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 2 hours, brushing with glaze every 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the first 2 hours, arrange the potatoes, carrots, beets, and herbs around the turkey in the roasting pan. Dot with butter.
- Continue to roast for about 1 hour.
- Total cooking time should be about 3 hours.
- If you choose to stuff the turkey, the cooking time increase to about 3 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the turkey to a platter and surround with vegetables to serve.