- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Limoneira® oranges zest & juice
- 18 ladyfinger cookies
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Add the mascarpone, ginger, and 2 tablespoons of the Grand Marnier to a large bowl, and beat until the texture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream together with the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the mascarpone about a third at a time, carefully folding in each addition until well blended.
- Add the orange zest to the mixture, folding it in to retain the smooth texture.
- In a small bowl, measure the remaining Grand Marnier and the orange juice.
- One by one, soak the ladyfingers in the orange juice mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a glass baking dish with a single layer of soaked ladyfingers.
- Use a spatula to layer half the whipped mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat the layers to use up the remaining cream.
- Sift the cocoa powder on top as a garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 5 hours.
- It can keep in the fridge for about 2 days.