Salmon With Ruby Grapefruit Sauce
Salmon is a perfect dish anytime of year, and it’s packed with nutrients, particularly in the all-important Omega-3 fatty acids. Add a creamy sauce made with Limoneira® Star Ruby grapefruits that’s full of flavor, and it’s a quick dish with gourmet appeal.
Course Main Course, Main Dish
- Sprinkle the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet. Place the salmon fillets in the pan skin side up if skinned, and saute for about 4 or 5 minutes at a medium-high setting.
- Flip and cook for the same amount of time on the other side.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet and set aside for now.
- Turn the heat to a medium setting. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet along with the diced onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the dill and rosemary during the last minute.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan and add the grapefruit juice and zest, and white wine, stirring it into the seasoned mixture.
- Bring to a simmer as you stir for 3 to 5 minutes. The mixture should reduce slightly.
- Pour in the cream slowly stirring constantly. Let the sauce simmer gently and thicken for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the salmon back to the pan using your spatula to cover them in sauce.
- Allow the fish to heat thoroughly and serve immediately.
Keyword grapefruit, Star Ruby grapefruit
Salmon With Ruby Grapefruit Sauce2021-05-272022-08-09https://limoneira.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/limoneira-corp-logo_blk.pngLimoneirahttps://www.limoneira.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/salmon-with-ruby-red-grapefruit-sauce.jpg200px200px