Lemon, Egg, Edamame & Avocado Salad Sandwiches
- 6 eggs hard-boiled & peeled
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled & chopped
- 3/4 cup edamame cooked
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon scallions chopped
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon walnuts crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper crushed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh greens
- 12 slices whole grain bread
- Add the eggs, avocado, and edamame to a large bowl. Mash them together with a potato masher, or cut with two sharp knives, depending on whether you want a coarser texture.
- In a second, smaller bowl, mix the lemon juice and zest, scallions, garlic, and yogurt. Blend together well.
- Now, add the crushed walnuts and red pepper to the yogurt mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the sandwiches, add some fresh greens to 6 of the slices of bread. Top with about a half cup of the egg salad mixture, and then with a second slice of bread.