- 2 star ruby grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 inches fresh ginger. thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- cinnamon sticks to serve
- Slice the grapefruits into 1-inch slices inside a large pot. Squeeze the juice from the grapefruit slices, but leave the fruit in the pot too.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger slices, and water. Cover and bring to a boil over a medium high setting, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pot comes to a boil, turn down the heat to medium, and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and strain out the fruit and ginger slices.
- Stir the honey into the hot liquid.
- What you will end up with is a concentrate. Store it in the fridge.
- Use about 1/4 of the concentrate for a large mug, topping it up with hot water as you stir.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- You can add more honey to taste.