Mussels With Meyer Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots minced
- 1 cup vidalia onion diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme chopped
- 3 Meyer lemons juice & zest
- 1/2 cup plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 1 pounds ⁄2mussels scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet, and saute the shallots and chopped vidalia onion 3 to 5 minutes, until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic, spices, Meyer lemon juice and zest, chopped tomato, and wine.
- Stir together, and allow to simmer for a minute or so to blend the flavors.
- Add the mussels, and cover. Let them steam for about 5 minutes. All of them should be opened.
- Remove the mussels from the skillet with a slotted spoon, and divide between 4 plates.
- Add the butter to the pan and whisk the sauce together to blend flavors.
- Pour the sauce over the mussels.
- Serve with additional lemon wedges.