Happy February! This month is Heart Health month and today I’m sharing 3 Heart Healthy Citrus Breakfasts ideas that are gluten-free, dairy-free and packed with flavor! These recipes are quick and easy for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Add oats, chia seeds and water to a small pot and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, juice from half the lemon, shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
- Stir and scoop into serving bowls and top with non dairy milk, more sliced almonds, coconut and lemon zest.
Immune Boosting Smoothie
- 1 Limoneira navel orange
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or yogurt
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 frozen banana
- Optional: 1 serving plant-based protein powder
- Peel orange and peel and chop carrot and turmeric.
- Add everything to high speed blender and blend for 1 minute.
Citrus Avocado Toast
- 1/2 Limoneira navel orange
- 1 tablespoon Limoneira lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- 3 slices bread of choice
- 2 radishes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- Fresh mint leaves
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop into bowl with lemon juice and sea salt and mash together.
- Slice radishes into thin rounds and peel and cut orange into triangles.
- Toast bread and spread on a layer of avocado mash and top with radishes, orange, hemp hearts and mint.