Apple Blueberry Lemon Galette
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed but cold
- 2 large apples
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Peel and core the apples, and cut them into thin slices.
- Add the slices to a bowl, along with the blueberries and lemon zest. Squeeze the lemon over the fruit, and stir gently to blend.
- Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and flour, stirring gently to coat the fruit with the dry ingredients.
- Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on the parchment paper, centering it.
- Spoon the fruit into the middle of the pastry sheet, leaving at least 2” as a margin around the edges.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, and dot throughout the fruit.
- Brush some of the beaten egg on the pastry margin that you have left around the fruit. You should use no more than a third.
- Begin to fold the edge of the pastry over the edges of the pile of fruit pieces with a corner. You’ll be making an overlap that will hold in enough of the fruit to be stable. Fold the corner to one side, and then continue folding over the edge until you’ve gone around a rough circle. It should be roughly 8” in diameter.
- Brush the remaining beaten egg on the folded over dough. Press the folds together gently with the brush to ensure a seal.
- Sprinkle the pastry overlap, and the fruit that is still visible, with the coarse sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Turn around 180° after about 20 minutes.
- It’s ready when the dough is browned, and the inside is bubbling.