Asparagus with Roasted Cara Cara Oranges
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 Cara Cara oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- 1/2 cup pistachios chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside for now.
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus, but leave the spears otherwise whole.
- Peel the oranges, and cut them into thick slices.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the asparagus, and toss carefully to coat. Arrange the spears on the baking sheet.
- Now add the orange slices, and coat them gently on both side. Arrange them on top of the asparagus.
- Drizzle any remaining liquid on top.
- Roast them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. The fruit should be soft and the asparagus tender.
- Remove from oven and top with pistachios.