Using citrus from Limoneira cara cara oranges makes for an amazing citrus salsa that is perfect on top of so many things including salmon! We love using citrus because it adds the perfect amount of freshness to the salmon. It’s also a quick one pan dinner that makes busy weeknights so much easier!
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and an simple way to get some heart healthy fats into your week! Enjoy this recipe at home, as a meal for hosting guest or even as an indoor date night to cook together!
HEART HEALTH BENEFITS OF CITRUS SALMON
Salmon contains two types of omega-3 fatty acids, known as EPA and DHA. These types of healthy fats are found in abundance in some seafood, such as salmon. EPA and DHA may lower inflammation, lower blood pressure and support heart health!
CARA CARA ORANGES
Oranges are a great source of prebiotic fiber! This is the type of fiber that feeds your good gut microbes and helps them thrive! When those microbes are well nourish, your gut is able to heal itself and digestion runs smoother. Oranges are also a good source of potassium, which is essential for heart function, nerve function and muscle contraction.
If you make this salmon, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Limoneira cara cara oranges
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 1 ounce fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush salmon with maple syrup. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add to a pre-coated baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add olive oil, spices, lemon zest, juice from whole lemon and orange zest. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Peel and segment oranges. Chop green onion, basil and cilantro. Add into bowl with oil mixture.
- Stir to combine and form a salsa.
- Once salmon is finished baking, add salsa on top and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more delicious salmon recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominately plant-based.
SALMON SANDWICH WITH CITRUS SLAW
CITRUS MAPLE GRILLED SALMON
MEYER LEMON SALMON PASTA
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!