Blood And Cara Cara Orange Salad - Sicilian Style
- 4 Cara Cara oranges
- 6 blood oranges
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup almonds sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Supreme the oranges by cutting them into slices, and then cutting off the peel.
- Cut the bulb of fennel into quarters. Core and slice it into thin strips. Save the fennel fronts for garnish.
- Julienne the mint.
- Arrange the greens on the bottom on a platter, and arrange the orange slices on top, along with the red onion slices.
- Sprinkle with gorgonzola. You can also use feta if you prefer it.
- Combine the first five ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad on the platter.
- Sprinkle almonds and fennel fronds on top.