Blood Orange Avocado Salad
- 1/3 cup blood orange juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados peeled and sliced
- 4 blood oranges peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
To toast the almonds:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice to turn them. They should be light brown in color.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk together until the mixture is smooth.
- To make the onions crisper, and soften their flavor just a little, soak them in a bowl of ice water for about 15 minutes before chopping.
- Arrange the avocado slices and blood orange slices on a platter.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese and chopped almonds.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately.