Carrot & Blood Orange Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 2 Moro blood oranges zest & juice
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 inches fresh ginger sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes or so.
- Peel and chop the onions, and trim, peel, and chop the carrots. Add to the saucepan with the garlic and ginger, and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the onions are reaching a golden color.
- Add the vegetable stock, thyme and blood orange zest. Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Once it’s boiling, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the carrots are tender, or about another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, discard the thyme sprigs, and process the soup using an immersion blender, or other food processor, until it’s the desired consistency.
- Add the blood orange juice last, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with chopped coriander and serve.