Father’s Day is June 16th and if you’re looking for a delicious breakfast idea these Lemon Glazed Donuts and Citrus Ginger Cold Brew Coffee are perfect! These baked donuts are gluten-free and dairy-free and have the best texture and amazing flavor! Coffee is always a great way to start the day and with warmer weather approaching a chilled cold brew coffee is a must! I love the addition of citrus and ginger to naturally add flavor!
Citrus Ginger Cold Brew
- 1 Limoneira navel orange
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons 100% real maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cold brew coffee concentrate
- Juice orange and then add juice, filtered water, maple syrup and ginger to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove ginger root and let orange ginger syrup cool.
- Add ice cubes to your favorite glass and pour in cold brew and orange ginger syrup!
Lemon Glazed Donuts
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1/2 cup coconut brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs or vegan egg replacer
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon plant-based natural yellow food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Juice the lemon into large mixing bowl. Add the other wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add donut batter to donut pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the frosting by adding lemon juice to powdered sugar and whisking together in a small bowl. Add in optional food coloring.
- Let donuts cool to room temperature on a drying rack. Dip donuts into frosting and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!