Chicken with Lemon, Ginger & Pear Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots sliced
- 4 pears
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger
- 1 Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 chicken breasts skinless & bone-in
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Peel and core the pears. Cut into quarters lengthwise, then dice into small chunks.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium setting. Add the shallots, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add the ginger and lemon zest, and stir for a minute or so until fragrant.
- Now, add the pears, stirring gently to coat with the seasonings.
- Stir in the lemon juice and then honey. Heat the sauce until it begins to bubble, and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes as you stir gently.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a baking dish meat side up, drizzling a little oil on the bottom of the dish to avoid sticking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the sauce evenly over the four chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. They should be cooked all the way through, and juices should run clear if you prick them with a fork.
- Remove from the oven, blending any pear sauce in the baking dish with the meat juices, and spooning it over each breast.