Chilled Lemon & Peach Soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 peaches peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup seedless cucumber peeled & finely chopped
- 1 Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 sprig fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Greek yogourt to garnish
- Add the white wine, honey, mint leaves, lemon zest & juice, cinnamon, and ginger in a saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat setting just until the honey has dissolved.
- Add the peach slices and cucumber, and turn the burner up to a medium setting.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cream, and continue to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the peaches are tender. Adjust the heat if it gets too hot – you don’t want the cream to scorch.
- Remove from the heat, and allow the soup to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, pour the soup into a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Cover, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of Greek yogourt swirled into the soup.