Chocolate Dipped Candied Lemon Slices
- 10 small lemons
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 vanilla beans
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon culinary grade lavender ground
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Cut the lemons into thin slices, and remove the seeds.
- Add the sugar and water to a large skillet and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- When the liquid is clear, add the lemon slices to the pan, and turn down to a medium low setting. Simmer for about 1 hour, until the rind is translucent.
- Remove the lemon slices from the syrup carefully with tongs, and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool to room temperature. At this point, you can let them dry at room temperature over night if you like them a little crisper than chewy.
- When you are ready, fill a medium saucepan about halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate in a medium sized bowl, and place the bowl in the boiling water to melt. Stir minimally.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat, and dip the lemon slices halfway into the chocolate.
- Return to the parchment paper and refrigerate so the chocolate can dry and harden.
- You can store them in a covered container up to two weeks.
- After dipping the lemon slices in chocolate, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with lavender or sea salt evenly over the slices.
- Allow to cool.