Citrus Chicken Salad
This chicken salad is bursting with flavor and goodness, lit up by the rosy colors of Cara Cara and Moro blood oranges. It makes the perfect dinner salad with a baguette, and a lunch your office mates will drool over.
- 1 cup moro blood orange juice
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon moro blood orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups salad greens torn
- 1 Moro blood orange peeled & sectioned
- 2 Cara Cara Oranges peeled & sectioned
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette to a bowl and whisk together thoroughly.
Measure about a third of it into a sturdy resealable freezer bag, and set the rest aside.
Add the chicken breasts to the bag with the vinaigrette. Seal the bag and turn it around to coat the chicken on all sides. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
When you’re ready, remove the chicken from the bag and sprinkle with a little salt. Cook in a little olive oil in a heavy skillet over a medium-high setting for about 5 minutes on each side. Chicken should be thoroughly cooked.
Slice the chicken and set aside.
Combine the salad greens and blue cheese in a bowl.
Slice the chicken and add to the bowl.
Pour the remaining vinaigrette into the bowl and toss to coat.
Add the orange segments and sesame seeds, tossing again to combine.