Citrus-Infused Grilled Salmon Salad
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 5 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 Limoneira® orange zest & juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice mix
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Be sure to zest the lemon as finely as you can.
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl, and stir together until blended.
- Cut the salmon fillets into strips about 1-inch wide, and place in a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon pieces, and turn to coat them evenly.
- Cover the dish and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- When the salmon is ready, oil your grill and bring it to a medium-high heat.
- Add a piece of aluminum foil to the grill, dull side down, and brush lightly with oil. Place the pieces of salmon on it to cook. This virtually eliminates the risk of burning, sticking to the grill, and the dreaded fall into the coals.
- Grill the salmon for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until flaky and thoroughly cooked.
- Alternatively, you can broil the salmon for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on how thick the fillets are.
Salad & Dressing
- Divide the greens, tomato halves and onion slices between four plates.
- Top with the salmon pieces, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a small bowl, and mix until well blended.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.