Citrus Kissed Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 white cabbage
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 2 sprigs flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 Boston lettuce optional
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogourt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Black pepper to taste
- Shred the cabbage and celery in a food processor or with a manual grater.
- Peel and core half the apple, and cut it into thin strips.
- Cut the orange in half. Juice and finely zest one half.
- Combine the walnuts, cabbage, celery, apple and orange juice and zest in a bowl and toss together. Add half the chopped parsley.
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss together.
- If you are using the Boston lettuce to serve, carefully wash and take apart the leaves. Divide between two to four plates (depending on whether it’s an appetizer or side dish).
- Using a sharp knife, slice off the navel and opposite end of the remaining half orange, and then slice off the skin and white pith.
- Cut each slice in half, and use as a garnish for the salad., along with the reserved half apple, cored and cut thinly.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley, and serve.