Crispy Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- 8 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lemons zest & juice
- Coarse salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons semolina
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Wash the potatoes and peel them if you wish. Cut them into wedges, and place in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt, lemon zest and juice. Stir to blend thoroughly, and pour over the potatoes.
- Toss to coat, and then place the potatoes in a baking dish in a single layer. Save any of the oil and lemon mixture that remains in the bowl for later.
- Sprinkle with the semolina, turning to add a little to all sides if possible. It will add a nicely crisp finish.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes, turning about halfway through.
- Sprinkle with the remaining oil and lemon mixture as they continue to roast for another half hour or so. Turn to avoid over-browning on one side.
- Remove from the oven when they’re crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Serve immediately.