Crostini with Lemon, Garlic & Honey
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups ricotta
- Kosher salt
- 2 lemons zest only
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Cut the bread into slices about 3/4-inch thick.
- Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil, and place on a grill or griddle, and cook about 2 minutes per side. They should be slightly charred. You can also put them under the broiler for about 1 or 2 minutes per side to get the same effect.
- Add the minced garlic to the ricotta in a small bowl, along with the zest of 1 lemon. Stir together. Season with salt to taste.
- When the bread slices are ready, spread the ricotta mixture thickly over each slice.
- Sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest, and drizzle with honey.