Treat your face and neck to the goodness of natural ingredients that will nourish your skin – not strip it of its essential oils. With a few simple ingredients you’ll find at your grocery store, you can toss expensive and chemical-laden preparations aside.
Here’s a look at the ingredients:
- Lemon: a natural astringent and antioxidant, loaded with Vitamin C.
- Pineapple: a natural exfoliant to help brighten skin by sloughing off dead cellls, due to bromelain, a natural enzyme that breaks down protein. No abrasives are needed.
- Oat flour: a natural moisturizer that soothes sensitive skin types.
- Honey: a moisturizer and natural antiseptic.
- Yogurt: milk proteins help to nourish skin.
- Avocado: rich in natural oils, it moisturizes without creating oily skin.
- Fresh ingredients are a must.
- That means you should make only what you can use right away or within 2 to 3 days at the most.
Recipe #1 – Exfoliating Mask
1 slice pineapple, 1” thick cut into chunks
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, juice only
1 teaspoon oat flour
1 tablespoon honey
- Be sure to chop out any of the tough pineapple core.
- Add the pineapple, yogurt, honey and lemon juice in a blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Add the oat flour gradually until it is the desired consistency. It should look something like a smoothie.
- Apply to clean skin and leave on for about 5 minutes only (pineapple has powerful enzymes).
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat skin sky.
Recipe #2 – Moisturizing Mask:
1/2 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Mask the avocado into a paste into a small bowl using a fork or the back of a spoon. (You can also use an immersion blender).
- Add the honey and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Apply to clean skin with fingers in a circular motion.
- Let it sit on your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.