Duck With Meyer Lemon Sauce & Glaze
- 5 tablespoons liquid honey
- 5 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 Meyer lemons zest & juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 2/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 4 duck breasts
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and stir together.
- Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F .
- Pat the skin on the duck breasts dry with kitchen paper. Score the skin lightly with a fork or sharp knife.
- Place skin side down in large, cold skillet. (The cold helps to render the fat.) Cook over a medium-high setting for about 5 minutes, until the skin is golden browned.
- Turn the breasts over and cook for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a broiling rack or pan, skin side down, and brush with the glaze. Bake in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and drizzle with remaining sauce. Allow the breasts to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.