Fish with Grapefruit & Wine Sauce
- 1 pounds fish fillets
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Ruby grapefruits
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs chopped
- Sprinkle the fish fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place in a lightly greased baking dish, and bake in the oven at 375°F 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
- While the fish is baking, take 1 of the grapefruits, and zest and juice it. Set the zest and juice aside for now.
- With the second grapefruit, use a small, sharp knife to cut away the top and bottom. Now, cut away as much of the skin and white pith as you can.
- Take the knife, and over a bowl, cut the flesh of the fruit out of the membrane, so that you have segments of flesh. Set aside for now.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet, and saute the shallots for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet, along with the honey, and mix together.
- Cook over a medium temperature for 2 to 3 minutes, and stir in the grapefruit juice and zest, wine, and thyme.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the cream.
- Continue to simmer until reduced by about half.
- Stir in the additional 1 tablespoon butter, and the grapefruit sections. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the fish is ready, remove from the oven, and drizzle with sauce.
- Serve immediately.