Garlic Lemon Dip
- 1/4 pound day-old Italian bread crusts removed and cut into large pieces
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 red potatoes medium sized, peeled, cubed, cooked and cooled
- 5-6 cloves garlic halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- walnuts or almonds chopped, optional
- pita chips or crackers
- In a large bowl, soak bread in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze bread and place in a small bowl (there should be about 1 cup of bread); set aside.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, potatoes, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Add bread; cover and process until blended.
- While processing, gradually add oil until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with nuts if desired. Serve with pita ships or crackers. Store in the refrigerator.