Grapefruit Herb Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken approx 3 pounds
- 2 Star ruby grapefruits cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place it in a roasting pan.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the grapefruits all over the chicken, both inside and out.
- In a small bowl, combine the thyme, rosemary and paprika. Sprinkle the mixture all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Stuff the cavity with the remaining two grapefruit halves.
- Drizzle the chicken all over with the oil and salt.
- Make a tent with foil, cover the chicken, and place in the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes, and remove the foil.
- Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the juices run clear, and the skin is browned.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and cover with foil again, allowing the meat to rest for about 10 minutes before carving.