Greek-Style Lemon-Egg Sauce & Soup
- 3 eggs
- 2 Limoneira® lemons juice & zest of 1
- 1 cup broth
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Greek orzo cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- If you are adding sauce to a chicken, meat or fish dish, wait until it is virtually ready to serve, with at least 1 cup of broth or cooking liquid available.
- If you are making soup, heat the total of 4 cups of stock/broth to a simmer, seasoning with salt & pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until frothy.
- Add the lemon juice, and stir to incorporate.
- Continue to stir constantly as you add 1 cup of broth, or cooking liquid. Keep stirring or the mixture may curdle.
- For sauce, once it’s fully blended, add it back into the pot of whatever you are cooking.
- Once it’s fully incorporated, stir it back into the rest of the broth in the pot.
- Shred the cooked turkey, and add it along with the cooked orzo, and stir to heat through.
- Season to taste, and add the dill last, along with the lemon zest.