Grilled Corn On The Cob With Lemon & Herbs
- 4 cobs of corn
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Limoneira lemon juice & zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- In a bowl, mix together the softened butter, olive, oil, lemon zest & juice, Cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, and oregano.
- Cut four sheets of foil, each big enough to wrap a single cob of corn.
- Take some of the butter and seasoning mix, and dollop it on each piece of foil.
- Place the cobs of corn on the seasoning and roll them in it. Add more – using up to about half of the seasoning mix.
- Wrap the cobs in the foil, and twist each end to seal.
- Place on a medium high grill, and cook for about 15 minutes, turning every two or three minutes.
- Carefully unwrap the corn, and place them directly on the grill. If it’s very hot, you’ll want to use an upper shelf if you have one.
- Continue to cook, turning frequently, and basting with the remaining lemon/butter/seasoning mix.
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the corn is slightly charred and softened.
- Drizzle with any remaining butter mix, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.