Grilled Fish With Citrus Herb Crust
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil minced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill minced
- 1 Limoneira® orange zest & juice
- 1 Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fish fillets about 3/4-inch thick
At least 1 hour before
- Combine the fresh minced herbs in a small bowl.
- Separate out about 1/4 cup of the mixture, and set the rest aside for now.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the orange and lemon juice.
- Place the fish fillets on a lipped plate, and spoon the herb-juice mixture over them.
- Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, and overnight if you like.
- Remove the fish from the marinade, and discard any leftover. Pat the fish on both sides with kitchen paper to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle on both sides with a little salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining minced herbs, the lemon and orange zest, 2 tablespoons olive oil and black pepper. Stir to blend together.
- Coat the fish with the herb blend, and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Grill at a medium-low setting for about 5 minutes. Turn, and then cook for about another 5 minutes. The fish should flake easily with a fork. NOTE: If you place a piece of aluminum foil on the grill, shiny side up, and cook the fish on it, you'll get the taste without the stickiness.