Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad
- 3/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt kosher
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves fresh and minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup raw sugar snap peas trimmed
- 1/2 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- For the Chicken: Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and thyme. Pour over chicken breasts in nonreactive bowl (such as a stainless steel one, but not one made of aluminum). Cover and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat a charcoal grill and cook chicken for 10 minutes on each side, until just cooked through. Refrigerate and chill. Slice breasts diagonally into 3/8-inch-thick slices.
- For the Salad: Toss chicken plus its juices, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar snap peas, red and yellow bell peppers, lemon slices, salt and pepper in a bowl. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.