Boring salads have no place in 2020! We are looking for nourishing, filling and flavorful recipes, which is why we created this amazing Harvest Bowl with an Orange Vinaigrette dressing! This bowl is packed with incredible flavors and textures like orange, apples and pecans!
We added quinoa, which gives this bowl more fiber and protein! Did you know that one cup of quinoa contains 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber? It’s also naturally gluten-free, making it a great alternative for those who cannot consume gluten!
Harvest Bowl With Orange Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup navel orange juice freshly squeezed from Limoneira navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger root or ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 apple
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- While quinoa cooks, make the dressing in a glass jar by adding orange juice, olive oil, champagne vinegar, sea salt, black pepper and ginger root. Whisk to combine.
- Chop your apple, add to a small bowl and squeeze 1 tablespoon orange juice on top. Stir to combine.
- Assemble your harvest bowl with brussels sprouts, chopped apple, cooked quinoa, pecans, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle dressing over top and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!