Homemade Spiced Lemon Tortilla Chips & Grapefruit Avocado Guacamole
Homemade Spiced Lemon Tortilla Chips
- 10 tortillas
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon zest & juice
Grapefruit Avocado Guacamole
- 3 avocados peeled & pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes peeled & diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 large Ruby grapefruit
- Cut each of the tortillas into at least 8 wedges, which will be the shape of the chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the herbs, spices, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl.
- You can either dip the tortilla wedges briefly in the mixture, or brush it on them lightly.
- Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and bake for about 2 minutes.
- Turn over and bake for another 2 or 3 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Lightly mash the avocado flesh in a medium sized bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes, and add them to the avocado along with the jalapeno pepper, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, onion and salt.
- Stir to combine, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Cut the grapefruit in half. Juice one half, and add the juice to the avocado mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into the membrane of the other half of the grapefruit over a bowl to release the flesh. Roughly chop the flesh and stir it into the guacamole.