Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 2 lemons zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet over a medium-high setting. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, sprinkling with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the chicken for about 10 minutes, until browned on the outside, and thoroughly cooked on the inside. Remove from the heat and set aside for now.
- Add the other 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a saucepan. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes, until fragrant and slightly browned. Do not burn.
- In a bowl, add the honey, lemon zest and juice, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the lemon honey mixture over the garlic and ginger in the saucepan, and stir together. Turn the heat up to high, and bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. The sauce should thicken and will probably become slightly darker.
- Add the cooked chicken chunks to the skillet, and stir to coat on all sides, keeping the setting on high.
- Stir the chicken and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes as the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the chicken.
- Remove from the skillet and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.