Italian-Style Orange Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Limoneira® oranges zest & juice
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Limoneira® orange zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until it’s light in texture. Add the sugar, and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Continue to beat as you add the eggs one at a time, making sure to fully blend into the mixture.
- Add the orange juice and zest, beating well.
- In a separate bowl, measure the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Toss to blend well.
- Spoon a half or third of the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, and stir to blend.
- Repeat until all the wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Drop the dough by rounded spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2-inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. The edges should only just begin to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a small saucepan over a medium setting and allow to melt while stirring frequently.
- Mix together.
- In a small bowl, blend the sugar, orange juice and zest until well blended.
- Drizzle in the melted butter and cream cheese, and stir until well blended.
- Spoon over the cooled cookies.