Happy Thanksgiving week! As you prepare for your thanksgiving day menu or upcoming holiday menu, we know this Juicy Lemon Upside Down Chicken dish will be the perfect addition! This recipe is made with real and simple ingredients and the best part is that everything goes in one pot!
This recipe is also a great way to add in more vegetables to your meal and it is packed with flavor! Head over to the HGG instagram page here to follow and post your upside down chicken pics!
Juicy Lemon Upside Down Chicken
- 4 Limoneira® classic lemons
- 1 sweet onion
- Fresh Italian parsley
- 4 whole carrots
- 8 yellow potatoes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter vegan or traditional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop parsley. Add to a small bowl with butter and pepper and stir to combine. Add in juice from one lemon and stir to combine.
- Slice onion, chop potatoes, peel and chop carrots and cut lemons in half.
- In a large soup pot, add sliced onions, potatoes, carrots and lemon.
- With chicken breast down, add parsley lemon mixture inside and on top. Add in slices of lemon.
- Put chicken on top of veggies and add cover.
- Roast covered for 1 hour. Then roast for 30 more minutes uncovered.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!