Lemon Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flower
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 10 tablespoona butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large granny smith apple cored, peeled, and chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 12 muffin cups.
- Sift the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, and salt - together in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, add the butter and beat together with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add the eggs, lemon zest and juice, and the milk. Blend thoroughly.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is evenly moist, but no more.
- Add the chopped apple.
- Drop the batter into the muffin cups.
- Stir 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake about 15 minutes in the oven. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool for about 3 to 5 minutes before taking them out of the muffin pan.