Looking for a new and delicious side dish for Easter Brunch? Check out these Lemon Asparagus Pastry Bites that are perfectly paired with whatever you are cooking on the grill, roasting in the oven or sautéing on the stove!
Lemon Asparagus Pastry Bites
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 10 asparagus trimmed
- Puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay out puff pastry and cut into strips. Wrap each strip around single asparagus.
- Whisk an egg with a little bit of water and brush the egg wash on top of puff pastry. Top with a little lemon zest and sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add mayo, some lemon zest, juice from half a lemon, parsley and sea salt. Whisk together to combine forming a dipping sauce.
- Drizzle sauce on finished puff pastry or enjoy as a dip for your asparagus!