- 5 lemons juice only
- 1 can evaporated milk 14.5 ounces
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14.5 ounces
- 2 packages Maria cookies see Note
- You’ll need either an 8” x 8” glass baking dish, an 8” round deep-dish pie plate, or a springform either 8” or 9” in diameter.
- In a bowl, mix together the two types of milk, and then stir in the lemon juice. Use a whisk to beat until the mixture is thick and smooth in texture.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish of choice with 1/4 of the cookies.
- Pour about a quarter of the lemon/milk mixture on top.
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are finished, ending with the lemon sauce.
- Place the dish carefully in the freezer where it will be level, and freeze for at least two hours, and preferably overnight. Top with a crushed cookie or lemon zest.
- Cut and serve.