Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 10 tablespoons Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Add the butter, sugar, and lemon rind to a medium sized bowl and beat until the mixture has a light, creamy texture.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and egg.
- Sift the flour and salt together. Fold it into the buttery mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Cover the bowl and chill the dough in the fridge for about an hour.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form cookie dough balls with a teaspoon and place on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. The cookies should be a deep golden color around the edges.
- Allow to cool before you enjoy.