Lemon Corn Chowder
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 potatoes cubed
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- One by one, hold the cobs of corn upright and use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off by slicing downwards. Set aside for now.
- Add the oil to a soup pot at a medium setting. Saute the onions and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add the salt, pepper, and flour, and cook on a low setting for about 2 to 3 minutes. Do not let it brown.
- Add the chicken broth in a steady drizzle, mixing it into the flour and onion mixture.
- When the broth is fully incorporated, add the potatoes, corn, lemon zest and juice, and cayenne pepper.
- Turn the burner up to a medium setting, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and allow the mixture to simmer for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat, and add the yogurt, stirring it in well.
- Serve immediately.