Lemon Cream Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sprigs mint minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 1 cup flaked Parmesan
- 1 cup arugula
- Heat the oil in a large skillet at a medium-high setting. Sauté the shallots for about 2 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add the garlic as you continue to cook and stir for another 2 minutes, then the mint, and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock, lemon zest and juice, stirring to blend the flavors. Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat to remain at a simmer.
- Stir in the heavy cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the gnocchi, and cook at a medium setting for about 10 minutes, until they are tender.
- Divide between four plates.
- Top with arugula and flaked Parmesan.
- Alternatively, you can add the arugula to the pasta and stir it in until it wilts, then serve.