- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 lemons zest only
- 4 drops yellow food coloring as needed
- You can use an 8x8-inch baking pan. Line it with parchment paper, and spraying with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the butter into cubes, and add it to a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over a low setting. Heat, stirring occasionally, until it is almost melted.
- Add the sugar and whipping cream, and salt. stirring together. Raise the setting to medium, and continue to heat, stirring, until the sugar has melted.
- Continue to cook, stirring more frequently, until it just comes to a boil. Simmer until a candy thermometer, inserted into the fudge, reads 235 F.
- Remove the saucepan from the burner, and add the white chocolate chips and lemon zest, stirring briskly until the chocolate is melted.
- Add a few drops of yellow food coloring as desired for a lemony look.
- Transfer the fudge into the pan you’ve prepared, and smooth over the top to even it out.
- Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for 3 or 4 hours, or in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.