Lemon & Ginger Oat Breakfast Bars
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and ginger in a large bowl. Sift until blended.
- Add the lemon zest, and mix to distribute evenly.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs lightly, then add the oil and milk.
- Add the lemon juice last to the egg mixture, and then stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for about 15 minutes. This allows the flavors to blend more thoroughly.
- When it’s ready, preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly grease an 8” x 8” baking pan.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan, and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. The outer edges should begin to brown, and the middle should be firm.
- Remove from the oven, and cut into bars.